Sunday, August 5, 2012

KidLitCon 2012!!

Ever since I started blogging, the Kidlitosphere has provided a wonderful network of support. As the Kidlitosphere website says,
"The “KidLitosphere” is a community of reviewers, librarians, teachers, authors, illustrators, publishers, parents, and other book enthusiasts who blog about children’s and young adult literature. In writing about books for children and teens, we’ve connected with others who share our love of books."
Each year, this loose group comes together for the KidLitCon. It's a small gathering, one that welcomes newcomers as we share our common passion for children's books.

So I am very happy that registration for KidLitCon 2012 has just opened. This year's gathering will be in New York City, on September 28th and 29th, 2012. And yes, I am very much looking forward to it. I adore the small size of KidLitCon - so much smaller than most of the conferences I attend. I really feel like I have the chance to connect with friends I've made through the blogging world.

Find out all the details here at the KidLitCon 2012 info page. This year's hosts are the wonderful trio of Betsy Bird (A Fuse #8 Production), Monica Edinger (Educating Alice), and Liz Burns (A Chair, A Fireplace and a Tea Cozy). The preconference on Friday will be filled with visits to publishers, helping bloggers and publishers establish productive relationships. The conference on Saturday will be held at the the main branch of New York Public Library, the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building.

Registration will be limited to 175 participants, so make sure you sign up early. That means RIGHT NOW! Click over to the KidLitCon12 registration page. Did I tell you the amazing news? The conference itself is free. Yes, I whispered that. Free. Can you believe it? No, the trip itself is not free. But hot-diggity-darn, a free conference? Too good to pass up. And a great time to be had by all.

Do you get the sense how much I'm looking forward to this? Yes, indeed. Many thanks to Betsy, Monica and Liz for all the behind-the-scenes work that goes into planning this event.

©2012 Mary Ann Scheuer, Great Kid Books

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving me your car at BEA (or was it ALA?) - and helping me re-find your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon - it was great to meet you at ALA - I think at the S&S party. My students have loved reading your books, and I have loved reading them aloud, too. I hope we can connect soon. I cannot wait to read THE GREAT UNEXPECTED - very much looking forward to its publication!

    ReplyDelete