Sunday, October 9, 2011

Amazon Affiliate program

I love sharing news about children's books, and helping families find great books for their kids. It is my passion, and I spend a great deal of time sharing my thoughts on this blog.

I am a participant in Amazon's affiliate program, as a way to generate a small amount of income from my hard work. On each post, I also share links so families can find books at their public library and at my local bookstore.

I support my local independent bookstore, Mrs. Dalloway's, buying personal books there and sending many students and local families there. But it's also important to me to provide an option for people who want to shop at Amazon. Equally important, I want to generate some income from my hard work. Almost all of the money I generate through Amazon is used to purchase children's books. I review these books, and then donate them to my local school.

Last week, Amazon announced that it reinstated the California Amazon Affiliate program, after coming to an agreement with the State of California about local sales taxes. This means that if you click through from any of the book links on my site, I will receive a small commission on anything you purchase during that "shopping trip". Whether you buy electronics, games or books, I will receive a small commission. I appreciate support from friends and readers in directing their purchases through Great Kid Books. They allow me to defray some of the costs of running this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment